Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Teacher Gifts: Monogramed Pencil Holder

My friend and I made these for our teachers!  I had this scheduled to post just before Christmas....yet I have just discovered that it did not :(.  However....if you are needing ideas for Valentine's Day....Teacher Appreciation Week...or just want something easy and fun to gift to anyone...here are my Monogrammed Pencil Holders!!

Here is the DIY instructions to make them yourself ;)

Supplies

Glass Jar
  Hobby Lobby $2.99 @ 50% off during glass sale = 1.49 each

Black and White Vinyl (repositional)
 I had bought all of mine from Pick Your Plum a long while back, but you can vinyl at Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, and Michael's in an array of colors.

Ribbon
Michael's Christmas themed ribbon $3.99 a roll @ 70% off during Christmas supply sale = $1.20 each
The roll that I used was 2in thick and did 10 jars per roll

Crinkle paper
Michael's $3.99 a bag couple with a 40% off coupon = $2.39
One bag was enough to fill 15 jars with the desired amount.

Pencils

I used my Circut machine to cut the capital letters in black.  The font I used was the Craftroom Basics font that is free with the craftroom software.

I then used my new (new because I have not talked about it yet!!) Silhouette Portrait to cut the names in a script font I downloaded off of dafont.com.  I don't remember what the name of it is, sorry :(.

My bestest fran came over and made some too.  Together we made 27 of these.  Total time at this large project was about 3 hours....however, that include a dash run to get more ribbon when we ran out!
~Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment