Monday, January 28, 2013

Pin the Princess on the Castle!

In my frugal state of mind, with two birthdays within a month of Christmas....I decided to make my own game for my daughter's party...instead of buying a cheap, but pricey game at the local Party City.  I definitely bit off more than I could chew with this one....it took A LOT of time!  The game mirrors the classic "Pin the Tail on The Donkey" but with a Princess twist....it became "Pin the Princess on the Castle."  

I drew the castle by hand, and then painted it it myself.  Once it was dry, I sealed it with Modge Podge so that the tape I intended to use on it didn't mess up the paint.

I then used my Cricut once more and made 8 little princesses (cut at 5.5 inches with "Princess Dress 1").  The girls thought it was really fun and giggled their hearts out at the places their princesses ended up!

It took me about 5 hours to complete the castle and about 4 hours to complete the princess dolls.  I only recommend the project for someone with a lot of down time.  It was fun to make, regardless and now that the party is over....the castle is going to be framed and hung as decor in my daughter's bedroom!

~Enjoy!
Brandie

Featured on Whipper Berry Blog!
Catch a Glimpse Button

16 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH! This is AMAZING!!!!! My little girl is only one, but a few years from now we WILL be playing this at her birthday party!!!!!!! Wonderful job!!! (Found you at A Glimpse Inside link party.) Pinning!

    Sarah @ Craft Quickies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,

      I am so glad you like it!! It was definitely my favorite project for her party! Thanks for pinning too!

      <3,
      Brandie

      Delete
  3. How fun is that? I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST. I allow up to 3 links each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to join your party! What's your url?

      Delete
  4. Hi! You were the link before me at the Artsy Fartsy link party! How cute is this idea! I definitely remember playing pin the tail on the donkey, but this is such a cute alternative! There are countless variations on this! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! My girls are princess nuts - they would so love this.

    I'd love if you shared this at my Show & Tell link party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/04/show-tell-21-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger,

      Thanks for lovely comment! I've linked up and have started to look around! Thanks so much for inviting me!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for linking up to Show & Tell at Gingerly Made. You've been featured!

      http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/04/show-tell-features_16.html

      Delete
  6. this is so cool! i might do it for my daughter as decor :)....am a new follower, found you on keep calm link up

    hope you can follow back
    www.prettylittledahlia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, my little girls would love this!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this on pinterest and followed it all the way here to just say that your game-the pieces are quite impressive. Great job! I am a little baffled on the time it took to complete the castle then princess's even with a cricut? However, I am sure it was worth every minute of time it took, when the results are smiling giggling happy girls. Congrat.'s on your devotion and creativity! I am going to attempt this for my only grandchild's 4th birthday the 22nd of this month! Thanks again JenFrances

    ReplyDelete