Thursday, March 21, 2013

"He is Risen" Sign!

Keeping Christ in the Christian holidays seems to harder and harder as the years pass.  For me, Easter is the most important Christian holiday that is celebrated.  It celebrates the moment that defines our religion, our birth as believers.

I do my best to keep Jesus in this holiday; this goes for my decor options as well!

Here is the Frame Art I made for 5x7 frame that sits on my mantel.  I used "Easter Blessings" Craftroom Exclusive Cartridge to cut these images with my Cricut Machine.



I cut the phrase "He is Risen" as well as the thorn halo.  I then ran the cuts through the sticker machine.




I built my layers....and then placed the images on my background!




I don't know the real story of the easter bunny and all this candy....but that doesn't really matter.  The story I tell my children works for us...and I will be sharing as we get closer and closer to Easter.

Watch for a couple more Easter Decor projects coming this weekend and the first of next week!

~Happy Decorating!
Brandie

Featured on "Inspire Me Please" Link Party {at} House of Rose
One Artsy Mama
Sew Chatty





A Glimpse Inside


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks great! I love Easter projects that reminds us of the reason for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Simple and very poignant. What a good way to keep Christ in this special holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! It took me a good week to find this cut for my Cricut! It's easy to get lost in the cute and fun of the holidays. I just wanted to remind my household that Easter isn't just about the candy, bunnies and eggs! :))

    ReplyDelete