Friday, January 25, 2013

Homemade Treat Bags!

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE my cricut machine??  Well, I do....love it that is!  It saves me a TON of money over the course of a year!  And here is an example of such:  Gift Bags for a Birthday Party!  My daughter picked out the paper colors and the decals we made for the sides. 

I used the "Once Upon A Princess" cartridge for all of these cuts.  I started by choosing one of the three bag cuts available and set the machine to 5.5 inches.  I used a 12x12 paper so that I could get two bags on each page.  Putting these bags together can be tedious but the work that goes into them is worth the savings.  Once the bags were built, my daughter and I went through the book and picked the "Celebrate" phrase and "Crown" cuts to turn into stickers.  (Oh yea....I have a sticker maker that I love just as much as my Cricut machine...a beautiful investment and amazing use of those Hobby Lobby and Micheal's coupons!)  





We made 6 sets of everything.  The phrase "Celebrate" was cut at 2.5 inches and the shape "Crown" was cut at 1.5 inches.  Before we attached the stickers to the bags, I wanted to add a little ribbon to the bag.  I hotglued a sheer ribbon along the bottom of the bags.



Here is the finished project!  All of the little trinket items my daughter picked out fit perfectly in the bags!  I do need to add some string for handles to the bags....but I have to make a trip to the craft store (apparently, I am out!).  There will be pictures of the bags at the party to follow on Monday!


~Enjoy!
Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment