Thursday, June 20, 2013

Heathly "Fried" Chicken!

My youngest son turned 8 yesterday.....and he of course, got to pick dinner! 

These are his favorite chicken strips....so I thought I would share them with you!!  They are a huge a hit in this house (even with the Daddy) and the kids can help make them.

I got the recipe years before Facebook ran our lives and I do believe that it came from a kid friendly book.

Here's what you need:
Cheese It's 
Club Crackers
Milk
Chicken Breast (boneless and skinless)
A Pre-heated Oven to 425
A cookie sheet (or other baking pan)
two bowls

You will pour a good amount of milk into one bowl and the other bowl you will smash up the cheese it's and club crackers.  There is no rhyme or reason for how much you use.  I use 5 club crackers for 1/3 cup of cheese-its.  I smash mine in the bowl with the back side of my ice cream scooper.  If the kids are helping, I put the crackers in a sealed baggie and them smash away.
 

 
Once your chicken is sliced the way you want, you will submerge the chicken in milk before coating them with the cracker mixture!

Bake for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is done.

Serve with ranch, BBQ sauce or whatever your crew like to dip chicken in :)


Hope you love these as much we do!!

~Happy Eating!
Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment