Sunday, December 23, 2012

Salt Dough Ornaments

Every year the kids and I have made a round of ornaments for our tree.  This year we decided to use salt dough since it had been a while.  The last time we did them, the boys were little enough that paint scared me....so we used magic markers to decorate them.  It worked out great for them and the mess was very minimal.  Now that they are older and slightly less messy...we decided to use acrylic paint to decorate the ornaments we made.  I think they turned out great and everyone was pretty excited when I pulled out my brush I use for print writing :)).  Everyone has an ornament with their name on it!  To ensure that they ornaments last a while longer than they the last batch we did (I think we have about 4 of the 20 we made a few years back) I covered the ornaments in Modge Podge after the paint dried.  It also gave the ornaments a feel of being store bought....which the boys are really in love with!

Salt Dough Reciepe
2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Salt
1 Cup of Water

Mix Together, add food color if desired, shape, Bake at 220 degrees for 2 hours.

I intend on doing something with this project for other holidays....be sure to check back as the next holiday approaches to see what I do with it :))

~Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment