Saturday, December 8, 2012

Household Notebook/Agenda

As the end of the year approaches, I have been met with a scheduling dilemma.  My agenda book ends on Dec. 31st (probably the end of that week) and I have appointments and plans that need to noted for Jan.  I went to the store to look at the new ones, I wanted one identical to the one I have used this whole last year.  It worked for me.  I was stunned at the cost of a replacement book.  I know I didn't pay more than $10 for the one I have been using (it doesn't sound like a lot....but when you budget like I do....it's a make or break cost of a monthly budget).  The new ones (exactly the same thing, mind you) are running almost $20 each!  There is no way I am going to spend that kind of money on something I will throw away!

So I decided to make my own and started doing research on how to find the best templates and print outs.  I started on Pinterest, where all my ideas are born.  I ended up finding an amazing website with TONS of great printables to do an entire household binder.....so much more than just an agenda!  The website, Organized Home has ton of planning printables including calenders, to-do lists, birthday planners, shopping lists, emergency contact sheets, and the list goes on!!

I already had an idle 3-ring binder to use, so I am going to give it a job!  I haven't finished my book yet, but I wanted to share this information as soon as I could!  Here is a  photo of what I have gotten done so far!  I will update on how it's usefulness is treating me as the year progresses!

To start making one of your own, check out the site I am using.....it really is an organizers dream land! Organized Home


1 comment:

  1. UGH! I ran out of printer ink! I am going to update this post when I manage to purchase more ink...and I am probably going to find another 3-ring binder too....I am also going to use sheet protectors...to keep pages from being ripped out...which has already happened and the notebook doesn't go into working order until Jan. 1st!

    ReplyDelete