Friday, February 22, 2013

Cricut St. Patrick's Day Shamrocks!

Cricut has been exhausting me with the lack of hard copy cartridges that have cuts that I want to use!  However, I did find a deal on a digital set that include St. Patrick's Day cuts (wish I would have found it a month ago because it has Valentine's Cuts too)!!!

The "cartridge" is called Classroom-February March and cost $19.99.  They have these for every two months at this price and they are Cricut Craftroom exclusive.  This means that they are digital ONLY and you must have the Cricut Craftroom Software downloaded on your computer.  This program is FREE and works with ALL of the Cricut Machines!

I have tons of ideas concerning these cuts, but here is the first of them; Shamrocks!


As you can see, I also have my subway art already up, see my post St. Patrick's Day Subway Art to learn how you can get yours!  I made four different sized and patterned shamrocks on the Cricut.  They are the same cut, just a different size and different paper.  This was the first actual project I have done on the Cricut Craftroom.  The main reason is because to get to it, I have to move my machine from my craft desk to the kitchen table...my home is too small to do otherwise!

Here's the process to these awesome little things on the wall!

First, you have to make the cuts.  This is technically a three layer cut....but I discovered the middle layer half way through this project....not having a hard copy of the handbook has been slightly confusing!  The end result is the base cut and the shadow cut.

I used 2.4, 2.5, 2.75 and 3 inch sizes for these.


I then, got out my 9 inch sticker maker with my permanent sticker refill.  To be honest....I have no idea how well these are going to come off the wall....but that is a problem I will deal with when it comes.  For a less risky application to the wall, do not sticker the bottom layer....use a tape or sticky tack of sorts to attach these to your wall.

Here is my sticker machine!  I also have a 2.5 inch machine....I love them both equally!  Both were bought at Micheal's with a 40% off coupon!
 
 
I think these look pretty good!  I can't wait until the rest of my projects comes together and I can reveal the final Mantel Project!
 
 
~Happy Decorating!

Brandie

No comments:

Post a Comment